Minesto was founded in 2007 as a spin-off from aircraft manufacturer Saab. Today, listed on the Nasdaq First North stock exchange with more than 60 employees and operations in Sweden, Wales, the Faroe Islands, Northern Ireland and Taiwan, Minesto is a driving force in the creation of an emerging renewable energy industry.
We are now looking for a Business Accountant to join Minesto in our mission to build a global company that contributes to a sustainable future by providing renewable electricity generation from the ocean. You will take on a key role in creating a new industry sector based on a unique technology - a both rare and challenging opportunity.
As the Business Accountant, you will be responsible for the financial administration and reporting for Minesto UK, a subsidiary of the Minesto Group, and be engaged in group-related business controlling. You will be reporting to the Minesto Group Chief Financial Officer (CFO) based in Sweden.
In the longer term, Minesto aims at commercialisation of its technology on the global market, in Wales and the UK. This role will be part of the group’s work in development projects related to financial systems, group reporting and continual overall improvements.
This role offers you the opportunity to become part of a dedicated international team in a pioneering industry.
Dependent on your experience and qualifications this role could be a part-time position of 24hrs or a full time position of 30 hours per week.
The challenge we offer
As Business Accountant for Minesto UK, you will support the various functions in the areas of financial control in the realization and commercialization of the Deep Green renewable energy technology. You will be responsible for the daily transactional work alongside a dedicated team with support from financial service providers.
What you will do
Your responsibilities will include input, maintenance, and further development of the financial administration for Minesto UK. The role includes involvement in budgeting, forecasting and performance reporting, taking on specific duties as required that aligns the group’s financial model.
Who you are
Self-driven and team oriented individual with strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy. You will have high integrity and understand that your role requires precision, efficiency and a team spirit.
- Maintain and continuously develop sound processes for efficient financial administration, reporting and control related to the Group’s legal unit Minesto UK Ltd.
- Ensure efficient processing of all financial transactions such as supplier invoices, payment, and bank reconciliation, filing quarterly VAT returns, payroll processing (through service provider) and maintenance of the local finance software
- Financial accounting and reporting of Minesto UK to comply with UK accounting principles and Minesto’s internal reporting policies
- Administrate financial records to be compliant with public funding requirements, reporting and audit, and support with claim submissions
- Produce statutory financial reports including annual reports with support from a service provider or auditor
- Actively support the development and practices of Group reporting and Group controlling
Education and competence:
- Relevant post-secondary education in Accounting and Financial Reporting (AAT) with strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Knowledge of the financial software Xero would be of an advantage
- Experienced in processing, checking and reconciling transactions
- Good knowledge of closing of book procedures, and the production of timely and accurate management and statutory reports
Personal skills & behavioural:
- Must be comfortable working independently, taking sole responsibility for Minesto UK accounts
- In general, we are looking for a highly motivated self-starter.
- The ability to communicate in Welsh would be desirable but not necessary
If you are interested in joining the Minesto team, don't wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
The role is based in Minesto's UK Head Office in Holyhead.
We appreciate a cover letter and CV with your application.