Minesto was founded in 2007 as a spin-off from aircraft manufacturer Saab. Today, listed on the Nasdaq First North stock exchange with more than 60 employees and operations in Sweden, Wales, the Faroe Islands, Northern Ireland and Taiwan, Minesto is a driving force in the creation of an emerging renewable energy industry.
We are now looking for a Design Engineer to join Minesto in our mission to build a global company that contributes to a sustainable future by providing renewable electricity generation from the ocean. You will take on a key role in creating a new industry sector based on a unique technology - a both rare and challenging opportunity.
The challenge we offer
As Design Engineer at Minesto, you will be part of an international, dedicated development team working towards the commercialization of a game-changing renewable ocean energy technology with global expansion potential. We offer a high-paced, dynamic environment at the core of innovative climate tech.
What you will do
You will be responsible for the development and delivery of various components and sub-systems for our tidal energy power plants, all the way from initial design to delivery of parts and assemblies. Detailed design in CAD environment is a crucial part of your workday. You will work in various advanced, tech-driven development projects, supporting our kite manufacturing processes and sites.
Who you are
We seek a high-performing individual who is creative, thorough, self-propelled and tech-savvy. You are an experienced CAD designer and thrive when working with details in complex environments.
You have a growth-mindset, and a passion for product design and development. To be successful in this position, you have a solid background within product or mechanical design and understand different engineering disciplines.
- Development and delivery of various components and sub-systems, from initial design to delivery of parts and assemblies
- Assessments and selection of different materials and manufacturing processes
- Supplier management and liaison during procurement and design/delivery phases
- Detail design and drawings of power plant components and sub-systems
- Participate in testing and certification activities in labs and offshore environments
- Support the procurement processes, ranging from finding and evaluating suitable suppliers, producing specification, managing suppliers, and participating in inspection and testing programs.
Education & competence:
- MSc Engineering degree (design/mechanical)
- Catia V6/3dx experience is advantageous
- 5 years of relevant working experience post-graduation
- Backgrounds of interest include subsea, marine, composites, hydrodynamics/aerodynamics
Personal skills & behavioural:
- You are open minded and enjoy new challenges.
- You are curious and have an interest in technology
- You are an analytical, perceptive problem-solver
If you are interested in joining the Minesto team, don't wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process, and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
You will be based in Gothenburg but expect travelling to Minesto’s suppliers, as well as to operational sites.
We appreciate a cover letter and CV with your application.