Minesto was founded in 2007 as a spin-off from aircraft manufacturer Saab. Today, listed on the Nasdaq First North stock exchange with more than 60 employees and operations in Sweden, Wales, the Faroe Islands, Northern Ireland and Taiwan, Minesto is a driving force in the creation of an emerging renewable energy industry.
We are now looking for a Subsea Engineer to join Minesto in our mission to build a global company that contributes to a sustainable future by providing renewable electricity generation from the ocean. You will take on a key role in creating a new industry sector based on a unique technology - a both rare and challenging opportunity.
The challenge we offer
As a Subsea Engineer at Minesto, you will be a part of an international, dedicated development team working towards the commercialization of a game-changing renewable ocean energy technology with global expansion potential. We offer a high-paced, dynamic environment at the core of innovative climate tech.
What you will do
You will be responsible for development and delivery of components and sub-systems for subsea installations of our tidal energy power plants, all the way from initial design to delivery of parts and assemblies. You will work in various advanced, tech-driven development projects, supporting our kite manufacturing sites.
Who you are
We seek a high-performing individual who is creative, thorough, self-propelled and tech-savvy. You are an experienced subsea designer engineer with vast experience from areas like subsea structures, mooring, ROV/AUV, towed systems, and launch and recovery systems. You have a growth-mindset, and a passion for product design and development. To be successful in this position, you have a solid background within product or mechanical design and have an innate understanding of various engineering disciplines.
- Primary area will be development of subsea infrastructure for Minesto tidal power plants
- The role includes a broad range of engineering tasks all from developing concepts through to producing operating manuals.
- Supplier management and liaison during procurement and design/delivery phases
- Detail design of power plant components and sub-systems
- Participate in testing, ccertification, installation, and commissioning activities in labs and offshore environments
- The role involves being a part of the procurement process, from finding and evaluating suitable suppliers, producing specification, managing suppliers, and participating in inspection and testing programs.
Education & competence:
- MSc Engineering degree (design/mechanical)
- Catia V6/3dx experience is advantageous
- Preferably a background in subsea or offshore engineering
- 10 years of relevant working experience post-graduation
Personal skills & behavioural:
- You handle tasks and situations with precise communication, planning and execution.
- You are a delivery-oriented person, a doer, and a pragmatic problem-solver, who thrives taking on complex tasks and accomplishing them on time.
- You are open minded and enjoy new challenges
If you are interested in joining the Minesto team, don't wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process, and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
You will be based in Gothenburg but expect travelling to Minesto’s suppliers, as well as to operational sites.
We appreciate a cover letter and CV with your application.