Minesto was founded in 2007 as a spin-off from aircraft manufacturer Saab. Today, listed on the Nasdaq First North stock exchange with more than 60 employees and operations in Sweden, Wales, the Faroe Islands, Northern Ireland and Taiwan, Minesto is a driving force in the creation of an emerging renewable energy industry.
We are now looking for an Analysis Engineer to join Minesto in our mission to build a global company that contributes to a sustainable future by providing renewable electricity generation from the ocean. You will take on a key role in creating a new industry sector based on a unique technology - a both rare and challenging opportunity.
The challenge we offer
As Analysis Engineer at Minesto, you will be part of an international, dedicated development team working towards the commercialization of a game-changing renewable ocean energy technology with global expansion potential. We offer a high-paced, dynamic environment at the core of innovative climate tech.
What you will do
You will be responsible for FE analysis of various components and sub-systems for our tidal energy power plants, all the way from initial design to delivery of parts and assemblies. Simulation and analysis in Abacus environment are a crucial part of your workday. You will work in various advanced, tech-driven development projects, in close collaboration with our design engineers, supporting our kite manufacturing processes and sites.
Who you are
We seek a high-performing individual who is analytical, collaborative, self-propelled and tech-savvy. You are an experienced FE analysis engineer and thrive when working with details in complex environments. You have a growth-mindset, and a passion for product design and development. To be successful in this position, you have a solid background within FE analysis and innate understanding of various engineering disciplines.
- Develop FE models for analysis and optimization of components and sub systems of Minesto tidal power plant in collaboration with a small team of multi-disciplinary engineers.
- Assessment and development of design concepts, material selection and manufacturing processes.
- Development of analysis methodology to suit the Minesto technology.
- Structural analysis of various mechanical parts and sub systems of power plant
- Define power plant load cases
- Contribute to the power plant design process while working closely with the design engineering team
- Participate in testing and certification activities in labs and offshore environments
Education & competence:
- MSc Engineering degree Structural Engineering or relevant discipline
- Abaqus experience is advantageous
- 5 years of relevant working experience post-graduation
- Preferably a background in subsea technologies or composite materials.
Personal skills & behavioural:
- You are open-minded and enjoy new challenges
- You are curious and have an interest in technology
- You are an analytical, perceptive problem-solver
If you are interested in joining the Minesto team, don't wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process, and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
You will be based in Gothenburg but expect travelling to Minesto’s suppliers, as well as to operational sites.
We appreciate a cover letter and CV with your application.