The challenge we offer
As Oceanographer at Minesto, you will be a part of an international, dedicated development team working towards the commercialization of a game-changing renewable ocean energy technology with global expansion potential. We offer a high-paced, dynamic environment at the core of innovative climate tech.
Join us on an irresistible engineering journey and on our mission to build a more sustainable tomorrow by enabling clean and commercially viable electricity generation from the ocean.
What you’ll do
You will be based in Gothenburg but expect to travel to locations all over the world.
You will be heavily involved in identification and exploration of new sites for Minesto’s technology, and you will also generate, maintain, and develop models – as well as organize data gathering operations to support this endeavour.
You will be working closely with your colleagues in the Concept Group, by blending models, simulations, and data to find optimal site and kite system configurations.
You will expand the currently known global potential for Minesto’s kite technology.
You will also be responsible for organizing, managing, structuring and post-processing of all environmental data, including continuous updates of tidal prediction models and tables for all applicable sites.
This is a key role in Minesto’s technology development organization, which means your working environment will be in the product development branch of the company.
You will be reporting to the Concept Group Manager in Minesto but be working closely with all the technical group and project managers as well as test/operating sites throughout all phases of all projects.
- Planning, deploying, downloading and processing of tidal flow, seabed and environmental data from a variety of instruments
- Creating, maintaining, and developing hydrodynamic models - including producing output from such models
- Coordinate site identification and profiling activities
- Interact and cooperate with 3rd parties, suppliers, universities and other partners relating to key responsibilities
- Manage research projects with 3rd parties and universities relating to key responsibilities
Who you are
The Minesto kite system is a unique application, which benefits from an approach to site identification different from traditional methods. The successful candidate will be a person which is not constrained by textbook theory but willing to go beyond and identify as well as quantify the resource in various ways.
You will be working closely with different groups in the company, so you must be able to work concentratedly and focused on your own, as well as be integrated into fast pacing development teams.
The position involves blending oceanography with technology development, which means that an engineering background is required - preferably from both education and professional experience perspectives.
- Minimum MSc Engineering degree in relevant discipline such as oceanography or statistical analysis
- Around 5-10 years of relevant oceanographical working experience
- Proven experience in post processing using MatLab, Python or other similar tools
- Hands-on operational experience with deployment and recovery of monitoring equipment
- Experience from technology development company environments
Minesto is an international company and it is important that you have a confident level of English. This position is based in Gothenburg and solid skills in Swedish is therefore beneficial.
More Information and Apply
The role is a full-time position based at Minesto’s head office in Gothenburg.
If you are interested in joining the Minesto team, don't wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process, and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
We appreciate a cover letter and CV with your application.
For more information, please contact Concept Group Manager Björn Bergqvist at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 (0) 72-888 4800