Join us on an irresistible engineering journey!
We are looking for an experienced technician driven by the desire to minimise the global carbon footprint and inspired by the challenges involved with moving technology frontiers forward.
As Kite System Technician at Minesto, you will be part of an international team working together towards the commercialization of a ground-breaking renewable energy technology with global expansion potential.
Join us on an irresistible engineering journey and on our mission to build a more sustainable tomorrow by enabling clean and commercially viable electricity generation from the ocean.
The position is based in Gothenburg, expect travelling to other Minesto sites.
We have recently moved to a new workshop facility where we assemble, test, and maintain components, assemblies, modules, and complete kite systems. The workshop is also busy with developing, creating, and operating test rigs used in our development.
The role is key to all the activities going on in our workshop.
The role will also include travel to Minesto sites, and participation in activities conducted there such as site establishment, maintenance, and kite system assembly.
- Assemble kite systems and associated assemblies and modules
- Functional checks of kite systems and associated assemblies, including developing test rigs
- Carry out inspections, repairs, and replacements on components and systems
- Collaborate with the other parts of the company to develop and refine the product to improve the maintenance program and system reliability
- Participate in activities on other Minesto sites
- Participate in refining how activities are planned and executed in the workshop(s)
- Participate in testing activities, including at suppliers, as applicable to ensure proper quality of components
We are looking for an individual with capacity to execute mechanical and preferably also electrical technician activities.
We will expect you to be involved in further development of procedures, tools, and methods for how our activities and operations are conducted, to ensure zero incident environment as well as maximum reliability of systems. Consequently, you must be a person striving for continuous improvement.
- Technical background/education from mechanical engineering and systems
- Documented several years as service technician
- Strong problem-solving skills, with ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Proficient in using tools and equipment for installation, maintenance, and repairs
- Ability to work in outdoor environmental conditions, and perform physically demanding tasks
- Effective communication and team work skills
- Commitment to adhering to safety protocols and maintaining a clean work environment
- Experience from electrical and/or automation installation work
- Certified for electrical work activities
- Certified to operate forklift and other machinery
Minesto is an international company, and it is important that you have a confident level of English. Driving license is a requirement.
More Information and Apply
The role is a full-time position based at Minesto’s headquarters in Gothenburg, Sweden.
If you are interested in joining the Minesto team, don't wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process, and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
We appreciate a cover letter and CV with your application.
For more information, please contact Electrical and Control Group Manager, Magnus Fredriksson at firstname.lastname@example.org or +46 (0)700-890 483