Join us on an irresistible engineering journey!
We are looking for a Site Manager driven by the desire to minimise the global carbon footprint and inspired by the challenges involved with moving technology frontiers forward.
As Site Manager at Minesto, you will be part of an international team working together towards the commercialization of a ground-breaking renewable energy technology with global expansion potential.
Join us on an irresistible engineering journey on our mission to build a more sustainable tomorrow by enabling clean and commercially viable electricity generation from the ocean.
This position is based in Vestmanna, Faroe Islands, though you should expect occasional travel to other Minesto sites.
As a Site Manager at Minesto, you will have the opportunity to contribute to innovative projects that promote renewable energy and sustainability.
The role is part of an operational unit based on the Faroe Islands. This unit will be responsible for all local assets and execute all operations including service and maintenance of kite systems. Support will be provided by contractors and personnel from other Minesto sites, as required.
The Site Manager will be expected to manage all aspects of the Minesto site at Vestmanna. This includes, for example, safety, security, logistics, personnel, assets, contractors, documentation, workshops and inventory. In addition, the Site Manager will be heavily involved in the planning and execution of all activities conducted on the site.
The Site Manager will be responsible for a small group of technicians to begin with and be expected to participate in the physical activities going on at the site. Future expansion of this group and activities will be managed by the Site Manager.
We will expect you to participate in some activities at other Minesto sites, though this will mainly be on business travel basis with the primary purpose to familiarize yourself with the product and your fellow colleagues, in the form of in-house training and employee orientation.
- Planning, execution, and reporting on all work at site
- Plan and manage assembly, maintenance, and testing of all assets
- Collaborate closely with head office, technicians, and contractors to develop and implement operational and project plans
- Coordinate local procurement and logistics of equipment, material and services
- Supervise and provide guidance to on-site personnel ensuring their safety, productivity, and adherence to project and product specifications.
- Identify and mitigate potential risks and or issues
- Plan, manage, and execute upgrades, expansion and maintenance of the site itself
- Ensure compliance with all relevant health, safety and environmental regulations
- Inspect and review assets and provide input to maintenance and operational requirements
- Health, Safety, Environment and Integrity: Apply safety rules and practices, report and participate in further improvement of Minesto’s policies and procedures
We are looking for an individual with the ability to run an operation which will be conducting a wide range of activities on kite systems and their associated infrastructure, as well as building the site capacity.
You will be reporting to the Chief Operations Officer and work closely with project managers, as well as other local Minesto personnel and those based at other sites. It is therefore critical that you possess good communication and planning skills allowing you to function in this role.
- First or Second Engineer, “Maskinmester” or similar background
- Documented working experience with mechanical and electrical technician activities
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to make sound decisions under pressure
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships with various stakeholders
- Understanding of health, safety, and environmental regulations related to construction of tidal projects
- Certified for electrical work activities
- Certified to operate forklift and other machinery
As this position is based in Vestmanna, the requirement to communicate fluently at a local level in the local language is important. Also as Minesto is an international company, it is important that you are able to communicate confidently in English.
A full clean driving license is a requirement of this role.
More Information and Apply
The role is a full-time position based at Minesto’s site in Vestmanna, Faroe Islands.
If you are interested in joining the Minesto team, don't wait to submit your application as we apply a continuous selection process, and this vacancy will be open until the position is filled.
We appreciate a cover letter and CV with your application.
For more information, please contact Johannes Hüffmeier at firstname.lastname@example.org +46 (0)705-806 244 or Bernt Erik Westre, email@example.com + 46(0)735-666 216