Join us on an irresistible engineering journey!
As we are expanding, we are looking for two experienced technicians driven by the desire to minimise the global carbon footprint and inspired by the challenges involved with moving technology frontiers forward.
As Kite System Technician at Minesto, you will be part of an international team working together towards the commercialization of a ground-breaking renewable energy technology with global expansion potential.
Join us on an irresistible engineering journey and on our mission to build a more sustainable tomorrow by enabling clean and commercially viable electricity generation from the ocean.
The position is based in Vestmanna, Faroe Islands, expect occasional travelling to other Minesto sites.
The role is part of an operation unit on the Faroe Islands. This unit will be responsible for all local assets and execute all operations including service and maintenance of kite systems. As required, support will be provided by contractors and by personnel from other Minesto sites.
A Kite System Technician will be expected to participate in all operational activities conducted by Minesto on the Faroe Islands, and to work with other branches of the company to develop and refine our operations and offering.
We will expect you to participate in certain fabrication and assembly activities on other Minesto sites, primarily in Gothenburg, Sweden. This will mainly be on business travel basis with the primary purpose to familiarize yourself with the product and your fellow colleagues.
Training will be provided for Minesto specific activities.
- Assist in installation, operation, recovery, and maintenance of tidal kite systems
- Carry out inspections, repairs and replacements on components and systems
- Assemble kite systems and associated support functions
- Coordinate and execute all operations in the Minesto control stations
- Development, building and maintaining Minesto assets on the Faroe Islands
- Ensure that all parts within the relevant technical area are available and of appropriate quality
- Collaborate with the engineering team to support project and operational planning and execution
We are looking for two individuals, both with capacity to execute mechanical and electrical technician activities.
We will expect you to be involved in further development of procedures, tools and methods for how our operations are conducted, to ensure zero incident environment as well as maximum reliability of systems. Consequently, you must be a person striving for continuous improvement.
- Motor man, “Maskinmester” or similar background
- Documented working experience with mechanical and electrical technician activities
- Strong problem-solving skills, with ability to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Proficient in using tools and equipment for installation, maintenance, and repairs
- Ability to work in outdoor environmental conditions, and perform physically demanding tasks
- Effective communication and team work skills
- Commitment to adhering to safety protocols and maintaining a clean work environment
- Certified for electrical work activities
- Certified to operate forklift and other machinery
Minesto is an international company, and it is important that you have a confident level of English. This position is based in Vestmanna, and native Faroese language is very beneficial. You must have minimum car driving license, but the more licenses the merrier.
More Information and Apply
The role is a full-time position based at Minesto’s site in Vestmanna, Faroe Islands.
If you are interested in joining the Minesto team, don't wait with submitting your application. We apply a continuous selection process, and the job post will be open until the position is filled.
We appreciate a cover letter and CV with your application.
For more information, please contact Johannes Hüffmeier at email@example.com or +46 (0)705-806 244